We invite graduate students and postdoctoral scholars in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics, Health Sciences, and Social Sciences and Humanities. This two-day workshop is designed to serve those who are members of groups whose representation in faculty positions is smaller than their representation in the U.S. population. For example, this includes women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, first-generation students, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and those who support the efforts for a more diverse workforce.
The conference includes sessions discussing the following topics:
• Finding institutional fit
• Developing appropriate CV structure and content
• Crafting compelling research, teaching, and diversity statements
• Perfecting Interviewing skills
• Honing time management skills
• Identifying an action plan for first year faculty
• Negotiating a job offer
Applications will be accepted until June 1st, 2021. If selected for the workshop, you will be notified via email and provided directions on how to register. A fee of $50 will be required at the time of registration.
Information for joining the workshop and on fee waivers will be shared after acceptance.