ADVANCE Office of Faculty Development invites applications from candidates in all disciplines represented at Northeastern University to apply for the Future Faculty Fellowship Program.
Northeastern University’s mission emphasizes translational research that addresses global challenges and enhances social wellbeing. Moreover, the university strives to create a vibrant and diverse community, characterized by collaboration, creativity, and unwavering commitment to excellence. Northeastern celebrates diversity in all its forms and fosters a culture of respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds community.
The application deadline is January 21, 2020.
Consistent with Northeastern’s mission, vision, and core values, the objectives of the Future Faculty Fellowship Program are to:
- Introduce Northeastern’s academic community to postdoctoral researchers who are considering faculty careers
- Enhance opportunities for academic careers for persons from diverse backgrounds who have demonstrated a commitment to an inclusive faculty and an inclusive academic experience for all students
- Prepare Future Faculty Fellows for possible tenure-track appointments at Northeastern
- Enhance the academic environment of Northeastern by providing opportunities for students and faculty to gain experience in multi-cultural, broadly diverse and inclusive work settings and research collaborations that improve the capacity of all their members
- A prospective Fellow must have completed their Ph.D. by the start of their fellowship term and no earlier than four years before the start of the fellowship term.
- Fellows will be selected based on academic promise; alignment of academic objectives with Northeastern’s research projects, particularly with the potential research project(s) and lab(s) to which the Fellow would be assigned; and commitment to a diverse and inclusive academic community.
- Current postdoctoral scholars and Ph.D. students at Northeastern University or those otherwise employed by Northeastern University are not eligible to apply.
- A prospective Fellow must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States of America.
- Applicants must identify one or more faculty members with similar research interests to support their application and, if selected, mentor their research. More information on this requirement can be found under Application Procedures.
Review and Selection
Applications will be reviewed, in order, by the department(s)/program(s)/center(s) with which the proposed faculty mentors are associated; the dean(s) of the proposed hosting college(s); and the Senior Vice Provost for Academic Affairs.
Erinn Taylor de Barroso,
Northeastern ADVANCE Office of Faculty Development
360 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115