Northeastern University invites applications from candidates in all disciplines represented at Northeastern University to apply for the Future Faculty Fellowship Program.
Northeastern University’s mission emphasizes translational research that addresses global challenges and enhances social wellbeing. Northeastern University strives to create a vibrant and diverse community, characterized by collaboration, creativity, and unwavering commitment to excellence and an equally unwavering commitment to exhibiting respect for one another. Northeastern celebrates diversity in all its forms and fosters a culture of respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds community.
The application for the 2020-2021 academic year is available here.
The application deadline is January 21, 2020.
Consistent with Northeastern’s mission, vision, and core values, the objectives of the Future Faculty Fellowship program are to:
- Encourage and promote excellence and diversity (especially African Americans, Hispanics, and Native Americans) in the pool of future faculty candidates at Northeastern
- Introduce to Northeastern’s academic community to postdoctoral researchers who are considering faculty careers
- Enhance opportunities for academic careers for persons from diverse backgrounds who have demonstrated a commitment to an inclusive faculty and an inclusive academic experience for all students
- Prepare Future Faculty Fellows for possible tenure-track appointments at Northeastern
- Enhance the academic environment of Northeastern by providing opportunities for students and faculty to gain experience in multi-cultural, broadly diverse and inclusive work settings and research collaborations that improve the capacity of all their members
- A prospective Fellow must have completed their Ph.D. by the start of their fellowship term and no earlier than four years before the start of the fellowship term.
- Fellows will be selected based on academic promise; alignment of the student’s academic objectives with Northeastern’s research projects, particularly with the potential research project(s) and lab(s) to which the Fellow would be assigned; and commitment to a diverse and inclusive academic community.
- Current postdoctoral scholars and Ph.D. students at Northeastern University or those otherwise employed by the University are not eligible to apply.
- A prospective Fellow must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States of America.
For assistance in connecting with a faculty member in your area of study, contact one of the faculty representatives below:
Bouve College of Health Sciences:
College of Arts, Media & Design:
College of Engineering:
Khoury College of Computer Sciences:
College of Science:
College of Social Sciences & Humanities:
D’Amore-McKim School of Business
School of Law
Review and Selection
Applications will be reviewed, in order, by the department(s)/program(s)/center(s) with which the proposed faculty mentors are associated; the dean(s) of the proposed hosting college(s); and the Senior Vice Provost for Academic Affairs.
Erinn Taylor de Barroso,
Northeastern ADVANCE Office of Faculty Development
360 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115