STRIDE (Strategies and Tactics for Recruiting to Improve Diversity and Excellence)
The Committee is a team of Northeastern senior faculty who aim to increase faculty diversity by leading interactive faculty discussions focused on understanding implicit biases in evaluation processes and offering good practices in the faculty search process. The workshops are open to all colleges on the Northeastern campus.
The workshop focuses on the damaging effects of implicit bias in faculty searches, new research on this topic that can positively impact search committees, and creative solutions for the mitigation of bias. The workshop has been updated to address best practices for virtual interviews and campus visits. Search committee members who have attended in the past are encouraged to register and expand their knowledge base.
STRIDE Workshop Dates for 2020 -2021
* All sessions will be held VIRTUALLY via Zoom in Eastern Standard Time.
- Thursday, October 8th from 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Thursday, October 22nd from 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Monday, November 2nd from 2:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Friday, November 20th from 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, December 2nd from 3:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. RSVP
ADVANCE created the STRIDE Committee in 2008 with workshops beginning in fall 2009 based on the highly acclaimed University of Michigan STRIDE Recruitment Committee. Over 350 Northeastern faculty members have participated since its inception with STRIDE good practices positively impacting the faculty search process.