To further enhance existing mentoring initiatives, ADVANCE is pleased to offer a mutual mentoring opportunity called ADVANCE Mutual Mentoring Advancement Program (M2AP). M2AP focuses on individual faculty designed mutual mentoring initiatives with self-defined goals, which offer faculty members an opportunity to create a mentoring experience tailor-made by them that involves groups of peers, near peers, and senior colleagues from within and/or outside Northeastern. All faculty members are welcome to submit a proposal, but the primary targets for M2AP are associate and assistant professors.
- Provide faculty members creative options for career planning and mentoring.
- Provide faculty-driven mentoring to meet career and annual goal(s).
- Build institutional capacity for supporting faculty career advancement.
- Support chairs’ and deans’ efforts in providing mentoring opportunities for faculty.
All M2AP grants support projects up to $3000 for the purpose of supporting full-time tenure and tenure-track faculty across all ranks. Grants are awarded through a competitive review process, overseen by the ADVANCE Program in conjunction with the VPAA, and a selection committee. A mutual mentoring group must be composed of at least 3 people and may not exceed 6 people, with a Northeastern tenured or tenure-track faculty member as lead. Team members can include anyone the faculty member selects: senior or junior faculty members, full time faculty not on the tenure track, graduate students, postdocs, staff, research staff, etc. Projects that are co-led will also be considered. A successful M2AP proposal will include:
- specific measureable goal(s) that can be accomplished in a year’s time
- timeline with steps for accomplishing the goal(s)
- names, titles, affiliation of off-campus group members
- letter of support from the lead faculty member’s department chair
- proposed budget not exceeding $3000
- each budget item directly related to the faculty member’s stated goals in their M2AP proposal. The budget may include:
- Modest honorarium
- Publication costs
- Food, but not more than 15% of the budget
For complete application requirements, please visit the application form prior to preparing your submission.